Mr. Hansen - I don't think you're following.

In order to "don't do that", I have to go Options->Format->Rich (HTML)
Text, for -every- message.  I believe that SM starts with each message
set to HTML, but after I click Send, I believe SM reviews the message
and decides whether to convert to Plain Text.  All I want SM's busy
crew to do is give me an option to disable that automatic
conversion.

Peter P - I agree, all I want to do is compose and send in HTML -by
default-.

Thanks very much
/j