JeffM wrote:

2) Wipe the drive clean (*NOT *just* a FORMAT
  --FDISK the partition to get any boot sector viruses).
3) Fresh install of Windoze and apps.

in all the years I've had windows of various sorts, I've never had to resort to that type of tactic.

WARNING: cross posted and followup set to this reply will be sent to the mozilla.general group where OT stuff is permitted

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.