JeffM wrote:
Lester Caine wrote:
[...]It's only the one machine that is NOT seeing these sites.
Just discovered that it does not like microsoft.com
either so I can't run windows update :(

Raise your right hand and repeat this:
I know that these sites use the LEAST-SECURE mechanism on the planet
yet I am willing to expose my Windoze install
to any infections they might want to shove down my throat.

http://google.com/search?q=cache:ZXpao3MnY7wJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Update+c+gnu+501+ActiveX+requires.Internet.Explorer+MSHTML&strip=1

It's clearing up the effects that is the reason the machine is on the bench here. The shitting thing is clean as far as the trojan goes, but I can't get to updates for Seamonkey, pctools anti-virus and other sites LIKE microsoft.com to look for explanations :( Yet it still access google and most of the other sites quite happily!

I've wasted pigging 3 hours on the machine and if I could get alway with it, it would get Linux, but the customer has a some applications that will only work with windows, such as Sage accounts and their bank access package.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL