On 03/24/2009 05:54 PM, Lester Caine wrote:
> JeffM wrote:
>> Lester Caine wrote:
>>> [...]It's only the one machine that is NOT seeing these sites.
>>> Just discovered that it does not like microsoft.com
>>> either so I can't run windows update :(

Further to my other post in this thread - my guess is that it's been
infected with the 'Confiker' worm which does exactly that: blocks access
to updates & AV sites. If you've not burned a copy of the
BitDefender/Knoppix CD that I mentioned, you can download other tools
for this from here:
http://www.bdtools.net/

There are others if you google/yahoo/whatever for 'confiker'. Or:
confiker +<AVofyourchoice>