Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: wrote:
Dear Mr. Potamus.  You should really View Message Source and you will
see what i mean.  I just sent myself an Email composed in HTML, and
having that setting you refer to set to HTML only.  Here's what I
Subject: test

This is a test message
as you can see, it was converted to plain text.

The developers have confirmed there is an issue.  Please don't
dispute,  What have I ever done to you?

what developers? No developers have been here to say anything about this.

When I send in html, I also receive in html, because I've got all my settings set correctly. The problem is you don't, and we are *trying* to help you.

If you have the setting set to send in both html and plain text, then scroll down a bit, in View Source, and you'll see the html part.

Further, you need a few other settings:

To view, its: View, Message Body As, and Original HTML.

Also, you need: Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Accoung Settings, select the account, and under Composition and Addressing, at the top right you need to select "Compose messages in html format."

This is one of the downsides of SM and TB, you've got all these frakken various settings everywhere.

send me a message and I'll tell you if I received it in html or not.

never mind, I just realized something.  This is SM2, and not SM 1.1.x.

Check out the new Thunderbird's
"*Bug 466674* <> - default action should be to send out html + plaintext w/o asking"
and specifically:-
which pretty-much summarises the current SM2 options.

Even with all SM-2.0b1pre preferences set to HTML, with the sole-exception being the manual-selection of each-message's Compose-window's toolbar-menu ~ Option/Format/.... ~ The Auto-Detect setting converts HTML-text to plain-text without advising the user. Auto-Detect does work OK in all other settings. HTML-text manually-fixed on each-message, by the Option/Format/Rich-Text(HTML)only menu, will send as HTML. Barry.