googl...@kwcpa.com wrote:

YOU: what developers? No developers have been here to say anything
about this.
ME: Developer input from earlier in this thread...
==================================
The forum thread points to bug 157346 which has been resolved as a
duplicate of bug 136502. Comment 8 there states that you can achieve
what you want on a per-domain basis so there's a partial workaround.
The
real fix needs someone to step up and write a patch for that bug,
though. I think the best way to do it would be to just introduce a
pref
and handle any UI changes in follow-up bugs.

Thanks very much everyone.  Again to the developers, a flag to shut
off auto-conversion to plain text would be very much appreciated. 8-}

If your problem of the auto-conversion to plain text appear only with
SM 2 ...I will stay the rest of my live with SM 1.1.x ... because ...most of the time ... some bugs/new-feature-suggestion are never corrected/implemented.