googl...@kwcpa.com wrote:
I haven't tried SM2 - still using SM1 - this was a request for SM2

Therefore i didi not understand that you have the problem.
I am in SM 1.1.14 without experienced the problem.
1. I have: Compose messages in HTML for my mail account.
1. a. And when in mail: The Option - Format is by default: Auto-Detect
2. I did not have: Compose messages in HTML for this newsgroup account.
3. For mail & newsgroup preference my setting is : "Ask me what to do"
4. I did not test with a sending list...
5. I don't have positionned a recipient who need "only in plain text mode".

That's all my setting regarding your problem "Auto conversion(bad) in plain text" - Perhaps your problem appear because you have the point 5.(with such a recipient) together or not together with point 4.(sending to a list)