On 7/15/2009 2:40 AM PT, squaredancer typed:

I noticed lately Gizmodo's Web pages are rendering slowly and hogging Web browser's CPU and memory badly.

Example: http://gizmodo.com/5313690/why-you-cant-complain-about-the-price-of-todays-gadgets

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, then what's going on? Thank you in advance. :)

on FF 1.5.0.9 / XP-SP2 that URL is a crapper... there is a script running that refuses to be killed, so I closed FF, disabled JavaScript and re-opened the URL.... it works properly that way for me.
Try disabling JS, see what happens your end!

Looks like a known issue: http://getsatisfaction.com/gawker/topics/gawker_media_sites_on_firefox_suck_my_cpu_dry# but OLD. :(
--
"I go out of my way to avoid stepping on ants." --Terry McGovern, daughter of Senator George and Eleanor McGovern, subject of the book "Terry by her father"
   /\___/\