On Oct 24, 5:40 pm, Robert Kaiser <ka...@kairo.at> wrote:
> 1) Tabs were not in IE until very recently (IE7) while Mozilla has had
> them for ages (Opera was the first tabbed browser, though).
>
> 2) The vast majority of users love tabs, please accept that while you
> might be one of our users, you are not the majority and can't speak for
> them.

I don't like tabs either and see them as a pointless waste of screen
space when the OS already has window management and its own taskbar
which can be hidden but I don't care that tabs are supported because I
have the choice not to use them. Tabs also seem to use more resources
and essentially duplicate functionality already in the OS.

> 4) As in any open source project, those who actually give time and work
> to the project have the most influence of what's happening. Nobody can
> change that, it's the very nature of how things work, and an increasing
> amount of people seems to be happier with that than with the alternatives.

Granted but why do things like change the download progress dialog UI
to be less usable because you don't like dialogs (Your words:
"Download progress dialogs ? Eww!"). There really is no reason why
this can't look more or less the same as SeaMonkey 1.x

> 5) Accept that you are not always in the majority or target audience
> group among users.

Does this mean that people who like the SeaMonkey 1.x UI aren't the
target audience for SeaMonkey 2.0 ??