NFN Smith wrote:
sean.nat...@invalid.knights.nee wrote:

just a question, why bother "logging in" to their websites at all, when
Seamonkey will download via pop or imap?

i mean, i have 12 e'mail addresses all being downloaded via imap just so
i never have to spend time logging into webmail pages.

A good question....

For the most part, I detest using webmail clients, and have a strong
preference for POP or IMAP.  However, I also maintain accounts with a
number of free providers, either for testing purposes, or thow-away
activity, where I generally don't care about what's delivered there. For
those kinds of accounts I really don't want to bother with setting up
POP or IMAP access, because it's rare that I want to check them, and I
don't want the distraction of having them available.

That said, I found that I make enough use of a Yahoo account that I did
set up IMAP access for that, and I check about once a day.  I use that
one just frequently enough that it's nice to not have to go through
Yahoo's login processes, although they have complained about an
inadequately secure setup, because I don't go through 2-factor

For the mailboxes that I live in, I still prefer POP to IMAP, because it
fits my specific work flows.  However, one negative to POP is that if
there's a server-level spam folder, I have to make occasional web
checks, to inspect, to make sure that there isn't anything legitimate
that has turned up there (as well as adjusting server junk/not junk

Appreciate that response. I have always used pop access in the past, but have become irritated that the cox/gmail/live/or whatever servers don't delete their copies of the mail after I move or delete them, so I've been setting them all up in imap, for greater deletion control.

I generally despise the duplicative imap folders especially for gmail... inbox/all mail/imporant gives me 3 copies of everything incoming... gaaahhhh....

I gave up on yahoo as they previously made free pop access in the US difficult. If that has changed I may need to add those accounts back to Seamonkey again.

phillip chee & tagzilla