On 4 Aug 2004, at 19:11, Toad wrote:

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:22:41AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As for the uploader
Willful blindness can not protect you if it can be shown that you had a reasonable suspicion to believe they you are committing a crime. In fact in some cases a deliberate attempt to not obtain knowledge is proof of that knowledge.

That is unclear. Otherwise the recent P2P cases where the RIAA has not achieved victory would not have happened. This is precisely why they need INDUCE to pass (which probably WOULD criminalize Freenet).

While I am no fan of the Induce Act, I should point out that from my reading of the Induce Act, Freenet would *probably* be safe as none of its features are expressly intended to allow people to infringe copyright law (this is merely a side-effect of Freenet's actual goal).

Ian.