On 4 Aug 2004, at 20:03, Toad wrote:

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:01:22PM +0100, Ian Clarke wrote:
While I am no fan of the Induce Act, I should point out that from my
reading of the Induce Act, Freenet would *probably* be safe as none of
its features are expressly intended to allow people to infringe
copyright law (this is merely a side-effect of Freenet's actual goal).

Umm, and clasical P2P systems don't have noninfringing uses?

No, but may of them have features which their creators have (foolishly) admitted are directly intended to thwart the efforts of copyright holders to enforce copyright law.

Ian.