On Jan 12, 2004, at 9:55 AM, Jim Leonard wrote:

Edward Franks wrote:
The Roberta Williams Anthology.

Really? How much is this going for? Tom told me the same thing but I find it hard to believe...

I've seen them go for $30 to $100. They seem to stick in the $60 to $80 range.

A number of the collector's/limited editions are ok (for example, Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale II, Morrowind, or Pool of Radiance), but they don't elicit that "I must always have this" feeling that the above collector's editions do.

Pool of Radiance was a massive disappointment -- it's so terrible that you want to erase it and go back to the original from 1988 -- that I can't believe it would be considered collectable.

PoR is the perverse collectible. It is so bad that I think most people either didn't buy it or tossed it quickly away. I was enough of a heat-seeker to pre-order the collector's edition. ;-) I'd rather replay the gold box games.

--

Edward Franks