Hello tracer,

On Friday, October 22, 1999, 7:24:39 PM you told us:

§yafril">> I  just  receive one attachment that make The Bat! "working
§yafril">> hard".   The   message  size  (plus  the  attachment)  only
§yafril">> 3,316,620  Bytes (not big, right), but to view or open this
§yafril">> message I need more than 10 minutes.

t> This  is  an  oversized  email,  anything  more then 2 mb should be
t> avoided.

Are  you  saying all picture document (*.html, *.bmp, *.jpeg etc) must
be  below  2  MB  ?  I have no problem with *.tif or *.ppt; only *.bmp
makes  the  problem.  Even  65  pages of FAX image not making The Bat!
working so hard.

This  morning,  I  got *.bmp attachment too, the mail size 16 MB...and
The  Bat!  crash  with error message "Exception EOutofMemory in Module
thebat.exe at 000117598".

§yafril">> Then  I  close  TB, start again and disable HTML auto-view;
§yafril">> now I need around 2 minutes to view the message (IMHO still
§yafril">> not  "normal",  too  slow).To  open  the attachment, I need
§yafril">> around  5  minutes,  change the setting to external viewer,
§yafril">> then I just need 1 minutes.

t> Use ACDSEE

What's the purpose of this software ?

t> I  never  see them, BMP, EXE, DOC and XLS are considered spam by my
t> setup and get zapped off my server.

I can't do that. As the postmaster, I will receive all bounce messages
(note: the msg I got this morning is bounce message, it send to one of
our  user  but  exceded  the  quota  limit,  so  route  to me). And as
FAXmaster,  I will receive all FAXmessage which failed to route to the
end  user (we use OCR module to detect to whom the fax message address
to).

t> Same  with  anyone getting stuck on our isp we tell them zap it and
t> tell the ***** on the other site to learn to send jpegs, or zipping
t> OR to use an ftp as stage in between.

I  do  it  for end-user, so our user never have the problem as me. All
message size more than xxx MB, will route to me first.

t> Now  on the other hand I have noticed that if the bat has been open
t> for  a  while and you edit and look many things, system gets slower
t> and slower.

I have no experience like that.
What's  other  software  running concurently beside The Bat! ? Perhaps
some application refuse to time out.

t> I  have  256  mb  ram  and essentially it ends freezing after a few
t> hours.  I  suspect a nice leak in memory and non released resources
t> due to file openings and closures being the reason.

I  am using P-II/266 and (only) 64 MB RAM here, but everything running
fine. Have you check your RAM using tools such Check-it or others ?

--
- syafril -

Name    : Syafril Hermansyah     | Company : Duta Integrasi Pratama
Mailto  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | Voice   : (62) (21) 385-1600
URL     : www.dutaint.co.id      | FAX     : (62) (21) 351-9241

I am using The Bat! 1.36 <registered> at
Windows NT Workstation 4.0 built 1381, Service Pack 5
Created : Friday, October 22, 1999, 21:32:22 (GMT + 07:00)