Saturday, October 23, 1999

Hello Thomas,

Friday, Friday, October 22, 1999, you wrote:

Thomas> Hi tracer,

(snip)
Thomas> My computer also freezes after c ouple of hours of work and I also
Thomas> suspected the same as you. A memory dump (mem/d in dos) does not
Thomas> provide any evidence, so I kept my mouth (keyboard) shut.
That rarely stopped me (g), you may remember I asked the same thing
from the user who wanted the debugger enabled as otherwise I probably
WOULD have  Softice running to see what the silly program is up
to...

Thomas> If there are unreleased resources, they could be caused by number of
Thomas> other programmes I use all day opening and closing files.
I just had it again and since the last reboot I really only had the
bat open... besides running some find files, looking in a few
directories..

One thing which caused a horrendous leak before I used the bat was in
Eudora when I had too many emails stored and essentially it caused
Internet explorer to leak.. I lost like 1 mb/sec and I wonder if this
behaviour in the Bat could be related to a similar reason.
How many emails/folders  in your system if you have this problem ??
I have 5476 emails in folders and about 53 folders spread over 5
accounts. NO sub folders.
My swap file is 72 mb at present which leaves another 800 mb on that
drive
Normally my system gets very messy but I really this time tried to
keep it clean as I had the same problem  before the reinstall.
Which means 1.35 ..

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.36