Dear Arjan,

@6-Jun-2004, 02:29 +0200 (06-Jun 01:29 UK time) Arjan de Groot [ADG]
in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>> The compression/purge used to run very slowly for my first account
>> until I repaired it. Now that TB! has thrown away about 3/4 of my
>> inbox in the repair process, the whole compression/purge is a lot
>> more timely. You win some, you lose some. :-(

ADG> Listen carefully. I will say this only once.

ADG> TB! Usage Rule Number One: NEVER leave mail in the Inbox. The Inbox
ADG> is the folder with the most traffic of all, which makes it also the
ADG> most vulnerable. Use filters to move ALL incoming mail to different
ADG> folders, even if it doesn't seem necessary. Using the Inbox for
ADG> storing messages is asking for trouble.

Excellent advice! I want to add that aggressive AV software will
quarantine the whole inbox if a single infected message appears in
it. I will wager that this is the biggest single reason (maybe
"only" reason) for people finding their vast inboxes suddenly empty!

--
Cheers -- //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1