Holy moly, I am extremely emotional all of a sudden.

In my 25-year career, unceremoniously terminated last December, I never
felt anybody at any level up the chain really had any clue what kind of
work I did.  It never mattered much because the job itself was
oh-so-gratifying in every possible way, and my occasional celebratory
self-pats on the back easily sustained me.

I am not used to having any kind of recognition for "job well done", and
definitely not in such a glowing way.  I am stunned, and that is just about
the greatest gift anybody has ever given me.  In my French-Acadian way, I'd
say the sensation is: "Taberslack! Tcheu moseusse de caresse!".  (i.e.
"Wow!  That is some compliment!")

So thank-you, big time.  (I've been busy polishing up my résumé and trying
to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  I must get back to my "ORM-ish
à la TiddlyWiki
<https://intertwingularityslicendice.neocities.org/CJ_ORM.html>" project.)

All of that aside: I was once told that I "coddled" my users too much.
Well, take care of the little guys in the trenches (i.e. their needs), and
you can take that hill.