On Saturday, January 30, 2021 at 2:28:54 PM UTC+1 work.ced...@gmail.com
wrote:

I am interested in the git synchronisation and the different aforementioned
> plugins and approaches. I do not know how to do the git sync and I would
> need an example.
>
> However, I would like to make it collaborative. Ludwa06 and Finn said that
> it is difficult for a team.
> I do not know GitHub pages. Is it free?

Yes. BUT I think it only works for _public_ content and I doubt that's what
you want.

> We use a private GitLab business account so I am not sure that it would be
> the solution.

We (TW) do have a GitLab saver and GitLab also has a "pages" option.

... But if you use GitLab and the CI/CD elements, it will also be possible
to dynamically create "parts" or "all" of the wiki content in a "scripted"
way. You only would need to "compile" the wiki after a commit is made, or
may be if you TAG a software version.

BUT ... This would be the second step of the game.

In the OP you wrote that some of the "maintainers" of the wiki sit in the
same room. .. So "locking" the wiki would be simple. Just ask the others to
save their wiki, if they are editing it. ... I know that this is far from
perfect, but if you are at the same place -- it's simple.

To be honest I will compare it to Notion, Bookstack and Tettra.

I think the only "fair" comparison would be with Bookstack, since it can be
"self-hosted" and is open-source. All the others are proprietary products.

But I think you did land here at the TW group, because it can be a "single
page" wiki, that can be stored alongside 1 project, with no extra
dependencies. For Bookstack, imo you will need your own DevOps person that
takes care of the server-side and keep it running.

TiddlyWiki is a single html file, that imo easily can contain the text
content needed. ... Images should be "external", but that shouldn't be a
big problem with GitLab-pages.

Knowing that we are a very small company (14 employees including 4
> full-time developers) I have to find a free solution while escaping from
> the messy situation where nobody knows how the guy who is just sitting next
> to you installs software, runs programs, writes his code and deploys it,
> etc.

In the OP you wrote, that you use Jira, to manage your code. In the
response above you wrote you have a GitLab business account ... So I'm a
bit confused. Both software stacks do similar things ...

> This situation has consequences: if someone is absent or leaves the
> company the onboarding is very hard. Last Monday I spend all my time trying
> to set up a program. Finally, on Tuesday its developer told me that he has
> a lot of steps to explain to me, that I have to follow to start the
> applications with many installations.

I think that's a perfect match for a TW.

>  This is my case and the reason for what I am looking for a private Wiki.

As I wrote, it may be possible, to create parts of the wiki automatically,
if you use a CI system.

BUT it would need a lot more info, what you *really* want.

There is 1 question left: ... Is it your idea to create a knowledge base,
or does everyone desperately want it. IMO it's important that it's
sanctioned from the management.

-mario