Hi Julian,

It's the first time I hear of this convention and I'm almost certain no one
has been adhering to it.
At least I haven't been, since I wasn't even aware it existed.

It would definitely avoid collisions, especially among plugin authors.

If you look at my plugins, you'll find that many have a good chance for
future incompatibilities owed to their generic names...

http://tobibeer.github.io/tw5-plugins

Eventually, rather than the above convention, I think we should have some
public listing where authors can register some basic info about their
plugins, especially things that may clash, like:

   - parsers
   - widgets
   - filters
   - fields
   - css classes

I find that to be a more sensible approach which would also make plugins a
little more discoverable. Then a dev could verify if their desired name was
already used by something else.

This could be a simple github repo where authors are free to make a PR for
their plugin listing.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/4c930569-98b3-4d40-9bb1-80dea21039b8%40googlegroups.com.