> However, I have yet to see a plugin follow this guideline. Is this still

I think I wrote that right back in the beginning of TiddlyWiki5, when it
was under development in 2011/12. Trying to learn from the experience of TW
Classic, I was consciously trying to implement features that would help the
community coalesce.

As it's turned out, I don't think using the author prefix in the
widget/macro name is a good approach, because of the inevitable wordiness
it brings.

Tobias' idea of a central registry is not bad; if you're interested in
setting it up, then I suggest that structuring the registry as tiddlers in
the tw5.com wiki, but open to suggestions.

Best wishes