On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 1:17:44 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
> > However, I have yet to see a plugin follow this guideline. Is this still
> enforced/encouraged?
> I think I wrote that right back in the beginning of TiddlyWiki5, when it
> was under development in 2011/12. Trying to learn from the experience of TW
> Classic, I was consciously trying to implement features that would help the
> community coalesce.
> As it's turned out, I don't think using the author prefix in the
> widget/macro name is a good approach, because of the inevitable wordiness
> it brings.

Should this note be removed from the page then? Should I create an issue
and/or pull request for that? Maybe it could even be replaced by (some of)
the advice by Mario?

> Tobias' idea of a central registry is not bad; if you're interested in
> setting it up, then I suggest that structuring the registry as tiddlers in
> the tw5.com wiki, but open to suggestions.

A question regarding such a registry that came to my mind is: How does this
interact with the plugin library mechanism? I don't know much about that,
yet, but I figure there is at least some overlap between its goals and the
goals for such a central repository. Maybe some of that stuff can be
repurposed and/or integrated.

Best wishes,