Thats what I was thinking also on the reference and emailed back to the
group.
I believe over time that internal switch to select 1,5,10 mc can get a bit
touchy.
If a operating reference is connected and checked to be correct toggle the
switch a few times to clean its contacts. It gets lonely sitting in there by
itself for years. ;-)
Regards
Paul.