On 08/23/2010 10:11 PM, JJZolx wrote:
>> Which is yet another statement that reflects a complete lack of
>> understanding of the business.
>   What I'm saying is
> that getting reviewed in the first place has always been the key and
> the biggest question mark surrounding Stereophile's reviews.  Some
> companies have had multiple products reviewed year after year while
> many others have never had a single review.

Because the readers expect to see the same brands reviewed year after
year. Porsche and Ferrari for cars, McIntosh, Conrad-Johnson, Wilson
Audio, Meridian for audio.

Logitech is not going to be in the list, because the folks who subscribe
expect to see audiophile companies.

I'm amazed that the Transporter ever got reviewed.

Think about what the business of these audiophile magazines is.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/