Message text written by INTERNET:treg@world.std.com

>- This does not guarantee that product works 100% any time anywhere !!

>>Correct.  The regulatory environment in North America has for many years
been
one in which it is the job of the customer to assure her/him self that what
they buy
does what they buy it for.  It is NOT the job of the regulator.  This has
been at the
bottom of North American successes in the market place, and the European
finally
caught on to that secret.  The FCC has been registering equipment that does
not do
what you buy it for, for many years.  AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT HARM THE
NETWORK.
The European regulators went one better and said, well, if we are not going
to be
responsible for the quality and compatibility of the equipment, let's put
all of the burden on
the manufacturer and accept declarations of conformity, instead of
requiring 3rd party testing.
There were $6.00 throw away telephones before and there will be after.<<

- if no one checks that requirements are met, manufacturer goal is ship and
collect revenue and  see what they can get by. Meeting requirements by the
book cost money!<

>>Indeed, there will be manufacturers that take that position.  They were
there before,
and they will be there after.  There also are manufacturers who want return
business.
They don't make $ 6.00 throw away phones, truth to be told, they make VERY
expensive
phones.  However, that is where a satisfied customer goes back.  You gets
what you pays
for, as they say in Newfoundland.

Ciao,

Vic