"For me, Leah's story about the ex-employee rings true as I can imagine folks being hateful and ignorant in situations like that. IT HAPPENS at every workplace. I think this is the reason it potentially rings true to all of you as well, either because you've seen this kind of discrimination (sexism, transphobia, misogyny, racism, classism, etc...) yourself or you've done it yourself."

Just because something happens generally, doesn't make it right to attribute that social dynamic to the individual accused people in this situation.