John wrote:
> I John 3:14 speaks of the love brother for brother
> -  not sin.   I am surprised at you on this one, David.

You do not understand the relationship between love and sin?  Sin simply
defines for us what love is not.  When we love our brother, we do not sin
against them.  When we sin against them, we are not loving them.

Galatians 5:14
(14) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love
thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 13:9-10
(9) For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou
shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet;
and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this
saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling
of the law.

When a person says that they will always sin, this is the same thing as
saying that they will always fail to love their brother.  This is why it is
such a blight on the gospel of Jesus Christ to teach that believers in
Christ will always sin.  Jesus was manifest that he might put love in our
hearts and cause us to love one another.  We know that we are in him when we
love one another.  Said another way, we know that we are in him when we do
not sin.