just to clarify, so someone doesn't happen upon this thread and start using
%2B for spaces.

a space is %20



On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM, catcalls <g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>
> Hi Bojan Rajkovic,
>
> When I tried using 0.3 DLL it stated a file was missing. Fox
> something?
>
> Perhaps it's a vs2008 only DLL? What do you think?
>
> Also, I am using 0.1 DLL which works perfectly except it does not post
> spaces - I get a 401 unauthorised.
>
> I declare Oauth.Twitter as oauth2 then use oauth2.WebRequest() with
> the URL.
>
> I've tried a + and %2B and the only way to seperate words that works
> is using a _
>
> And that looks terrible!
>
> So, is it a known issue in 0.1 that you cannot post spaces with
> WebRequest?
>
> I am getting authenticated fine. AND can post Hi to Twitter. Only one
> word without spaces works tho - if I use a space or the URLEncoded
> version of + or + itself it fails.
>
> Any ideas because I am stumped?
>
> On Aug 13, 10:18 pm, Bojan Rajkovic <severedcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM, catcalls <g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > >  BOJAN RAJKOVIC
> >
> > > Yeah, this is the guy. He is a member here. He'll prolly tell me to
> > > use the updated version of his DLL but sadly the updated version does
> > > not work as far as I can tell.
> >
> > > So, I am using version 0.1 of his Twitter OAuth DLL. Which sucks to be
> > > honest. I wish I had the time to rewrite the code in VB.NET but I got
> > > stuck on creating correct nonces.
> >
> > As I recall, you're the gentleman who had trouble following my workflow
> > instructions, so I'm not much inclined to help you anyway, less so after
> > this little rant.
> >
> > I somehow don't think this is my OAuth library's fault, considering that
> it
> > takes input from your implementation and doesn't really do any processing
> > short of signing it. If your input is invalid, the signing won't work.
> > The 0.3 version of the OAuth library works just fine. Please don't blame
> my
> > code for your own mistakes, and if you have problems, file an issue on
> > Google Code or send me an e-mail, instead of berating my code in public.
> >
> > OAuth trunk seems to work though, I'm able to get an access token from
> > Twitter. I am able to properly sign a GET request and fetch it (I tried
> with
> > the user timeline from statuses) from the C# REPL on Mono.
> >
> > If you want to get more information out of the library, try setting
> > .Debugging to true on the OAuth object, you should get a lot of output on
> > the command line or in Visual Studio's debugging window.
>

Reply via email to