For general encoding, yes, HttpUtility, or Server.

And Boijan pointed out the OAuth UrlEncode function as well for your
specific problem as well.

Smack me? Feel free, c'mon over!

∞ Andy Badera
∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
∞ Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=(andrew+badera)+OR+(andy+badera)



On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM, catcalls<g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> OK - if you're the heroin here tell me where it is located.
>
> And if you state system.web.httputility I'm gonna smack you.
>
> On Aug 13, 10:52 pm, Andrew Badera <and...@badera.us> wrote:
>> .NET has UrlEncode() fool, and numerous other character set
>> manipulation functions.
>>
>> ∞ Andy Badera
>> ∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
>> ∞ Google me:http://www.google.com/search?q=(andrew+badera)+OR+(andy+badera)
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:50 PM, catcalls<g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> > What are you blathering about now? I've checked the DLL routines,
>> > there are no built in encoding features.
>>
>> > And as for VB.NET - you have to do it manually like I did with %2B
>> > because only ASP.NET has URLEncode.
>>
>> > On Aug 13, 10:44 pm, Andrew Badera <and...@badera.us> wrote:
>> >> PS you know there are builtin encoding functions, right?
>>
>> >> ∞ Andy Badera
>> >> ∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
>> >> ∞ Google 
>> >> me:http://www.google.com/search?q=(andrew+badera)+OR+(andy+badera)
>>
>> >> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Andrew Badera<and...@badera.us> wrote:
>> >> > But you're trying to encode a SPACE not a + Mr. Expert Coder.
>>
>> >> > You've got to be a troll.
>>
>> >> > ∞ Andy Badera
>> >> > ∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
>> >> > ∞ Google 
>> >> > me:http://www.google.com/search?q=(andrew+badera)+OR+(andy+badera)
>>
>> >> > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM, catcalls<g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> 
>> >> > wrote:
>>
>> >> >> Yeah - but to clarify - A URLEncoded + (which is a space in RFC POST)
>> >> >> is %2B - so that was my point.
>>
>> >> >> Don't try and correct me - I am an expert coder.
>>
>> >> >> On Aug 13, 10:39 pm, Peter Denton <petermden...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> >>> just to clarify, so someone doesn't happen upon this thread and start 
>> >> >>> using
>> >> >>> %2B for spaces.
>>
>> >> >>> a space is %20
>>
>> >> >>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM, catcalls <g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> 
>> >> >>> wrote:
>>
>> >> >>> > Hi Bojan Rajkovic,
>>
>> >> >>> > When I tried using 0.3 DLL it stated a file was missing. Fox
>> >> >>> > something?
>>
>> >> >>> > Perhaps it's a vs2008 only DLL? What do you think?
>>
>> >> >>> > Also, I am using 0.1 DLL which works perfectly except it does not 
>> >> >>> > post
>> >> >>> > spaces - I get a 401 unauthorised.
>>
>> >> >>> > I declare Oauth.Twitter as oauth2 then use oauth2.WebRequest() with
>> >> >>> > the URL.
>>
>> >> >>> > I've tried a + and %2B and the only way to seperate words that works
>> >> >>> > is using a _
>>
>> >> >>> > And that looks terrible!
>>
>> >> >>> > So, is it a known issue in 0.1 that you cannot post spaces with
>> >> >>> > WebRequest?
>>
>> >> >>> > I am getting authenticated fine. AND can post Hi to Twitter. Only 
>> >> >>> > one
>> >> >>> > word without spaces works tho - if I use a space or the URLEncoded
>> >> >>> > version of + or + itself it fails.
>>
>> >> >>> > Any ideas because I am stumped?
>>
>> >> >>> > On Aug 13, 10:18 pm, Bojan Rajkovic <severedcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> >>> > > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM, catcalls 
>> >> >>> > > <g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com>
>> >> >>> > wrote:
>>
>> >> >>> > > >  BOJAN RAJKOVIC
>>
>> >> >>> > > > Yeah, this is the guy. He is a member here. He'll prolly tell 
>> >> >>> > > > me to
>> >> >>> > > > use the updated version of his DLL but sadly the updated 
>> >> >>> > > > version does
>> >> >>> > > > not work as far as I can tell.
>>
>> >> >>> > > > So, I am using version 0.1 of his Twitter OAuth DLL. Which 
>> >> >>> > > > sucks to be
>> >> >>> > > > honest. I wish I had the time to rewrite the code in VB.NET but 
>> >> >>> > > > I got
>> >> >>> > > > stuck on creating correct nonces.
>>
>> >> >>> > > As I recall, you're the gentleman who had trouble following my 
>> >> >>> > > workflow
>> >> >>> > > instructions, so I'm not much inclined to help you anyway, less 
>> >> >>> > > so after
>> >> >>> > > this little rant.
>>
>> >> >>> > > I somehow don't think this is my OAuth library's fault, 
>> >> >>> > > considering that
>> >> >>> > it
>> >> >>> > > takes input from your implementation and doesn't really do any 
>> >> >>> > > processing
>> >> >>> > > short of signing it. If your input is invalid, the signing won't 
>> >> >>> > > work.
>> >> >>> > > The 0.3 version of the OAuth library works just fine. Please 
>> >> >>> > > don't blame
>> >> >>> > my
>> >> >>> > > code for your own mistakes, and if you have problems, file an 
>> >> >>> > > issue on
>> >> >>> > > Google Code or send me an e-mail, instead of berating my code in 
>> >> >>> > > public.
>>
>> >> >>> > > OAuth trunk seems to work though, I'm able to get an access token 
>> >> >>> > > from
>> >> >>> > > Twitter. I am able to properly sign a GET request and fetch it (I 
>> >> >>> > > tried
>> >> >>> > with
>> >> >>> > > the user timeline from statuses) from the C# REPL on Mono.
>>
>> >> >>> > > If you want to get more information out of the library, try 
>> >> >>> > > setting
>> >> >>> > > .Debugging to true on the OAuth object, you should get a lot of 
>> >> >>> > > output on
>> >> >>> > > the command line or in Visual Studio's debugging window.
>

Reply via email to