.NET has UrlEncode() fool, and numerous other character set
manipulation functions.

∞ Andy Badera
∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
∞ Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=(andrew+badera)+OR+(andy+badera)



On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:50 PM, catcalls<g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> What are you blathering about now? I've checked the DLL routines,
> there are no built in encoding features.
>
> And as for VB.NET - you have to do it manually like I did with %2B
> because only ASP.NET has URLEncode.
>
> On Aug 13, 10:44 pm, Andrew Badera <and...@badera.us> wrote:
>> PS you know there are builtin encoding functions, right?
>>
>> ∞ Andy Badera
>> ∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
>> ∞ Google me:http://www.google.com/search?q=(andrew+badera)+OR+(andy+badera)
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Andrew Badera<and...@badera.us> wrote:
>> > But you're trying to encode a SPACE not a + Mr. Expert Coder.
>>
>> > You've got to be a troll.
>>
>> > ∞ Andy Badera
>> > ∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
>> > ∞ Google me:http://www.google.com/search?q=(andrew+badera)+OR+(andy+badera)
>>
>> > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM, catcalls<g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> >> Yeah - but to clarify - A URLEncoded + (which is a space in RFC POST)
>> >> is %2B - so that was my point.
>>
>> >> Don't try and correct me - I am an expert coder.
>>
>> >> On Aug 13, 10:39 pm, Peter Denton <petermden...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>> just to clarify, so someone doesn't happen upon this thread and start 
>> >>> using
>> >>> %2B for spaces.
>>
>> >>> a space is %20
>>
>> >>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM, catcalls <g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> 
>> >>> wrote:
>>
>> >>> > Hi Bojan Rajkovic,
>>
>> >>> > When I tried using 0.3 DLL it stated a file was missing. Fox
>> >>> > something?
>>
>> >>> > Perhaps it's a vs2008 only DLL? What do you think?
>>
>> >>> > Also, I am using 0.1 DLL which works perfectly except it does not post
>> >>> > spaces - I get a 401 unauthorised.
>>
>> >>> > I declare Oauth.Twitter as oauth2 then use oauth2.WebRequest() with
>> >>> > the URL.
>>
>> >>> > I've tried a + and %2B and the only way to seperate words that works
>> >>> > is using a _
>>
>> >>> > And that looks terrible!
>>
>> >>> > So, is it a known issue in 0.1 that you cannot post spaces with
>> >>> > WebRequest?
>>
>> >>> > I am getting authenticated fine. AND can post Hi to Twitter. Only one
>> >>> > word without spaces works tho - if I use a space or the URLEncoded
>> >>> > version of + or + itself it fails.
>>
>> >>> > Any ideas because I am stumped?
>>
>> >>> > On Aug 13, 10:18 pm, Bojan Rajkovic <severedcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>> > > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM, catcalls <g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com>
>> >>> > wrote:
>>
>> >>> > > >  BOJAN RAJKOVIC
>>
>> >>> > > > Yeah, this is the guy. He is a member here. He'll prolly tell me to
>> >>> > > > use the updated version of his DLL but sadly the updated version 
>> >>> > > > does
>> >>> > > > not work as far as I can tell.
>>
>> >>> > > > So, I am using version 0.1 of his Twitter OAuth DLL. Which sucks 
>> >>> > > > to be
>> >>> > > > honest. I wish I had the time to rewrite the code in VB.NET but I 
>> >>> > > > got
>> >>> > > > stuck on creating correct nonces.
>>
>> >>> > > As I recall, you're the gentleman who had trouble following my 
>> >>> > > workflow
>> >>> > > instructions, so I'm not much inclined to help you anyway, less so 
>> >>> > > after
>> >>> > > this little rant.
>>
>> >>> > > I somehow don't think this is my OAuth library's fault, considering 
>> >>> > > that
>> >>> > it
>> >>> > > takes input from your implementation and doesn't really do any 
>> >>> > > processing
>> >>> > > short of signing it. If your input is invalid, the signing won't 
>> >>> > > work.
>> >>> > > The 0.3 version of the OAuth library works just fine. Please don't 
>> >>> > > blame
>> >>> > my
>> >>> > > code for your own mistakes, and if you have problems, file an issue 
>> >>> > > on
>> >>> > > Google Code or send me an e-mail, instead of berating my code in 
>> >>> > > public.
>>
>> >>> > > OAuth trunk seems to work though, I'm able to get an access token 
>> >>> > > from
>> >>> > > Twitter. I am able to properly sign a GET request and fetch it (I 
>> >>> > > tried
>> >>> > with
>> >>> > > the user timeline from statuses) from the C# REPL on Mono.
>>
>> >>> > > If you want to get more information out of the library, try setting
>> >>> > > .Debugging to true on the OAuth object, you should get a lot of 
>> >>> > > output on
>> >>> > > the command line or in Visual Studio's debugging window.
>

Reply via email to