In an embedded view, the developer can access the content of the website without the user knowing it (read passwords, usernames, etc). On most OSes (definitely iOS, WM7 and Android) this is not possible in the non-embedded (webbrowser) view.

Tom

On 5/1/11 1:02 AM, Dean Collins wrote:

Why is it safer Tom?

Safer for who?

Cheers,

Dean

*From:*twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com [mailto:twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Tom van der Woerdt
*Sent:* Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:09 PM
*To:* twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: [twitter-dev] New oAuth Authorization screen is unusable on phone webbrowser control

I've heard this before.

It sounds like all UIWebView, WebBrowser and probably Android's WebView are blocked. This is definitely a *good* thing for security reasons.

The "workaround" I recommend: launch the actual browser, using a <yourapp>:// link (something like myapplication://tokenDone) as the return URL. This is a LOT safer for the users.

Tom