Hi Bob, Tom, and others,

On Apr 29, 2011, at 11:50 PM, Bob12345 wrote:

> I've been using a WebBrowser control in my Window Phone application to
> login into Twitter. Today I noticed that the login/authorization page
> format had changed and it is now unusable in a web browser control
> that my application displays. The text on the page is squeezed
> together, and the page unscrollable.

I've seen a couple of reports of this concerning rendering in the current
browser on Windows Phone 7. This is obviously unintended and I'm working on a
fix.

On Apr 30, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Tom van der Woerdt wrote:

> It sounds like all UIWebView, WebBrowser and probably Android's WebView are
> blocked. This is definitely a *good* thing for security reasons.
>
> The "workaround" I recommend: launch the actual browser, using a <yourapp>://
> link (something like myapplication://tokenDone) as the return URL. This is a
> LOT safer for the users.

Although I'm personally a strong advocate of the protocol redirects, I can
assure you that we have not actively blocked access to the OAuth screens in any
context or browser with these updates.

If you're having trouble with the auth screen in a web view, I'm going to need
more information from you because there's no debugging tool for a UIWebView in
third party apps. If you can trap any rendering or script errors from a browser
view control in your development environment, please send them to me and I'll
use them to look for any problems. Email me directly if you prefer.

Thanks,

Ben
/ @benward
/ Twitter platform developer