only 2x10Gbe interfaces though.

pfsense on an old DL360G7 (4x1G interfaces) worked for us as PE when
everything else fell over when we were ddos'd in 2014
Captured 500,000 attacking IPs from netflow in 1 second.
Used it ever since.

Simon Palmer
Head of Development

>>> On 06/03/2018 at 23:15, in message
<>, Dan Kitchen
<> wrote:
> Are you really expecting a carrier grade router that does 10G for
less than
> $1,000 list?
> You can’t even get a decent switch for that price.
> To address the original question - You can pick up MX80’s for £5-10k
on the
> second user market and they probably meet most requirements here on a
> We have a bunch of them within our core and they are ok but do
struggle with
> RIB/FIB update speeds on large reconvergences (KRT queue stuff).
> Anything better than that and you are looking £10-20k+ (with
discount) for
> Cisco or Juniper options depending on config. Remember a lot of stuff
> days is license based so you buy the box then license the ports.
> You can go cheaper with white box kit but personally I wouldn’t risk
> network stability with it  - customers don’t like being guinea pigs -
> Dan Kitchen
> Managing Director
> razorblue | IT Solutions for Business
> ddi:0330 122 7143 |  t: 0333 344 6 344 | e:
><> | w:
> On 6 Mar 2018, at 21:07, Colton Conor
> <<>> wrote:
> WARNING: This e-mail originated from outside the Razorblue Group
> network
> There have been quite a few products listed on this thread, but I
think they
> all have a wide degree of costs. Can anyone detail the different
options and
> their price points?
> Is there anything out there with 10G, speaks MPLS, and is less that
> new without some crazy discount level that you can only get once in a
> moon?
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 10:44 AM, James Bensley
> <<>> wrote:
> On 6 March 2018 at 12:22, Paul Bone
> <<>>
> > We need 4*10G Ports, multiple 1G SFP ports, IPv4 and IPv6 L3VPN,
> > etc…..we do not need any HQOS features on these devices.
> >

> > We use a fair few Cisco ME3600 but these only have 2*10G and are
> > discontinued so at the moment, the CISCO ASR920 is looking the most
> > effective solution but we are interested if anyone else has any
ideas? We
> > have Juniper MX in the network as well, which we like, but I don’t
> > there is a Juniper option as cost effective as the ASR920.
> The ASR920s are great little boxes. If you want the same mix of 1G
> 10G you have on the ME3600X/ME3800X devices then the 24x1G + 4x10G
> ASR920 variants are working great for us with all the usual edge
> features (IPv4/6, L3VPN, L2VPN P2P/P2M, BGP, QoS, Multicast, OSPF,
> A Cisco ASR9001 with the 20x1G MICs would be a good fit here too but
> they are possibly too expensive.
> From Juniper look at the MX105, ACX5048 and QFX5100s.
> Cheers,
> James.
> Legal and address information for all Razorblue Group companies can
> [...]

Mae'r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw ffeiliau atodedig yn gyfrinachol ac at sylw'r
unigolyn neu'r sefydliad a enwir uchod. Bydd
unrhyw farn neu sylwadau a fynegir yn perthyn i'r awdur yn unig ac ni
chynrychiolant o anghenraid farn Coleg Sir Gâr.
Os ydych chi wedi derbyn yr e-bost hwn ar gam, rhowch sylw i'r
gweinyddwr ar y cyfeiriad canlynol:

Cysidrwch yr amgylchedd - a oes wir angen argraffu'r ebost hwn?

intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coleg Sir
Gâr. If you have received this email in error please notify the
administrator on the following address:

Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this