I would love for it to be less than $1000 list price, but I doubt there is
anything that can get to that price point. With that being said, the OP
mentioned that MikroTik was out of the question, so they must have looked
at MikroTik who does has sub $1000 PE routers (with limitations). So that
brings me to the understanding that the OP is looking for something
economical (aren't we all).

In this day and age when providers are selling 1Gbps on 10G ports for sub
$400 a month (I am looking at you Cogent and HE.NET) , having an economical
PE that can aggregate multiple customers and not cost $20k seems like a
great option to me. The problem with a $20k PE is that support on it will
be at least $1k per year too!

So if not MikroTik what the the lowest cost, "carrier grade" option out
there with say 4 or more 10G ports on it? Most of the whitebox options I
have seen are full blown 48 port + options.