Are you really expecting a carrier grade router that does 10G for less than
$1,000 list?

You can’t even get a decent switch for that price.

To address the original question - You can pick up MX80’s for £5-10k on the
second user market and they probably meet most requirements here on a budget.
We have a bunch of them within our core and they are ok but do struggle with
RIB/FIB update speeds on large reconvergences (KRT queue stuff).

Anything better than that and you are looking £10-20k+ (with discount) for
Cisco or Juniper options depending on config. Remember a lot of stuff these
days is license based so you buy the box then license the ports.

You can go cheaper with white box kit but personally I wouldn’t risk our
network stability with it  - customers don’t like being guinea pigs - YMMV.

Dan Kitchen
Managing Director
razorblue | IT Solutions for Business

ddi:0330 122 7143 |  t: 0333 344 6 344 | e:<> | w:

On 6 Mar 2018, at 21:07, Colton Conor