I don't use it so I had to do a bit of a search, but I know Fetchmail does it, here's a relevent snippet from the FAQ, at http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-FAQ.html#O4

"The other (which we recommend) is to switch to IMAP. IMAP has an explicit expunge command and fetchmail normally uses it to delete messages immediately after they are downloaded."

And yes, if you want to use IMAP as a POP-type service, you'd have to save to local folders. If wouldn't have to be "manual" though, depending on the mail client I suppose.

I've never used Fetchmail, so please don't ask me any Fetchmail questions ;).

--
Adam Hooper
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Evren Yurtesen wrote:

how do you delete messages from server? :) next time you check your
emails, your mail client would delete all from your inbox too...
unless you move them to another folder manually (probably a local folder)