On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Christopher Reimer
<c.reimer1...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2012/4/8 VDR User <user....@gmail.com>
>> I know several people who set their directories on the command line
>> and ignore maintaining Make.config completely so it's not true
>> everyone uses Make.config.
> OK, that could be possible, although I don't understand why.

For me personally, I set these things (and many others) in my
(multi-purpose) tv script so I have most settings in one place. I
prefer consolidating when possible simply because it's easier to
maintain in my opinion. Any time I update VDR for example, I don't
have to worry about modifying or copying an archived Make.config. I
just compile the source, set my /vdr symlink to it and "tv restart".