Rupert - I agree with you about the resolution and it's more about the skill
than the resolution.  Croma's Passenger made me cry it was so beatiful, it also
made me want to quit vlogging as I realize that I don't have even an ounce of
his creativity and eye...but that's off topic.

I agree, it's about the story, you don't "need" HD resolution to tell the
story....Here's the funny thing though, the main reason I bought it was that it
shoots VGA in a widescreen format as well...848x480, perfect for web video...

Now will I shoot in HD, yes, but only for select things, my grandson, special
events, etc where I am only going to show the world, a minute or 2 but I want
to have the other footage for me.

Visual memories are very important to me, during my parents 2nd divorce from
each other, my father destroyed all of our family photo's, all of them,
thousands of pictures, simple moments from our lives, fishing with my
grandfather, my first christmas, my first steps, me sitting and playing, family
outing, and so one....I have no record of my life prior to me being 16, except
for about 3 photo's that my mother was able to save (so I guess that means it
was not all of them but 99.99997%)...

I do this for me, I do this so someday my grandson and my children can look
back and hopefully remeber a happy time, so I want those moments to be a bit
'bigger'....

I know you are not railing at anyone personaly and you are so right in most of
it's overkill, but I'm an american and we love overkill....

:-)

Heath
http://heathparks.com/blog