I am using something called extrapolation based on a smaller sample (in this
case, several blindness related groups on Facebook, a dozen or so mac and apple
related blindness mailing lists and other data (including its prominence of use
at the colorado center for the blind). what I have found is that there are far
more blind iPhone users than there are blind android users (part of the issue
is the cost of add on accessibility on some versions of android phones). I
could probably set up a survey monkey page, spread around the link and ask a
few questions in the survey. That would give me a better (and more credible)
sampling. Right now, my numbers are only preliminary and a liberal estimate at
that.

-eric