https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebanker/2017/03/07/new-robotic-solutions-for-the-warehouse/#61b391c76506

New Robotic Solutions For The Warehouse
When Amazon purchased Kiva Systems in 2012, the interest in Autonomous
Mobile Robots (AMRs) for the warehouse soared. For a while, Kiva, now
rebranded Amazon Robotics, continued to sell robots to other companies.  But,
after piloting the robots in some warehouses, and figuring out the optimal
way to deploy them, Amazon stopped selling robots to other companies and
took everything their robotic division could produce for their own
distribution centers.

In some cases, humans work alongside the robots, picking goods too heavy or
too small for their robots to handle. Humans pick items into a tote or
totes on the robot.  When the tote or totes are full, the robot carries the
goods to the pack station.