I feel those relative skepticism a bit strange and unjustified.
If you read all the project they are mainstream but very risky/uncertain.
The project of Miley is not interesting because of LENR... it is the less
uncertain part, and if Miley cannot make his technology work he can ask
DGT, Rossi, Piantelli, celani, Brillouin... of course the problem will be
to manage the fee and the ego of each...

It is interesting because of usin TEG, and integrated fan cooling , to
build a home CHP

I'm always surprised how many people are so doubtful about the commercial
claims, while there are honest business evidences, corporate CV.
of course not absolutely solid, but nothing is rock-solid in innovation.

I am much more concerned about some mainstream technologies, based on
classic and known theories, but that will probably never be effective in
reality.

why do we put such a crazy level of evidence on LENR, while we are so loose
with evidences in usual technologies...

nothing is certain, but few facts are more certains than LENR, and few
bleeding edge technologies are validated by so much business evidences than
LENR.
not because it is easy, but because every body expect all in LENR to be
fraud, and if you see someone investing, communicating, in LENR, you know
that he is thousand times more careful than if investing in fashion
technology...

If I have to accuse some evidence to be loose, some technology to be
uncertain, I won't take LENR, and I won't put even Rossi as the first
candidate for risky business. Aldo Proia have reduced his risk position
with Prometeon.

loose business are very very popular... good theory, good models, trust,
consensus, and frauded evidences, with delusion and politically correct
collective denial.

the reason to vote for Miley, beside that he deserve a chance more than for
yet another useless fashion energy source, is that his project is different
from Rossi/DGT, and it can give a big momentum onto LENR technology...

today the LENr companies should not even be competing, but cooperating,
because there is more rooms for them than they can occupy for the next 5
years.

and about skepticsm we should more focus on fashion mainstream science.