Hi Eric,
[snip]
>On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think you have the decay scheme for Ni-59 wrong.  It has a 76,000 year
>> half life and decays by electron capture as you said.
>>

>It's good that you seem to know your way around these nuclear transitions.
> That makes you and Robin and a few others who can keep the rest of us
>honest.
>
>The data I have  indicate no gamma activity, in the transition to the Cu-59
>> nucleus.
>>

>I'm thinking of this reaction:
>
>https://www-nds.iaea.org/exfor/servlet/X4sSearch5?reacc=28-NI-62(P%2CG)29-CU-63%2C%2CSIG

If you check the boxes for the A.Simon data, and "quick plot" on the this page,
then click retrieve, you will get a cross section plot for the reaction. The
cross sections are in barns, and the proton energy is in MeV.

Note that all proton fusion related cross sections happen at high energy,
because until the advent of CF, no one was able to fuse protons with heavy
nuclei by any other means than high kinetic energy.

(And the CF method is still not understood, if it works at all.)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk