On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

 I think you have the decay scheme for Ni-59 wrong.  It has a 76,000 year
> half life and decays by electron capture as you said.

It's good that you seem to know your way around these nuclear transitions.
 That makes you and Robin and a few others who can keep the rest of us
honest.

The data I have  indicate no gamma activity, in the transition to the Cu-59
> nucleus.

I'm thinking of this reaction:

https://www-nds.iaea.org/exfor/servlet/X4sSearch5?reacc=28-NI-62(P%2CG)29-CU-63%2C%2CSIG

What data are you using?  Do they include proton capture cross sections?
 Up to now I have only been able to work out the Q values but have had no
insight into the cross sections.  The Exfor cross section data are hard to
make sense of.

Eric