On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Even adding a p to Ni requires about 6 MeV be dissipated. I know of no
> example of this much energy being transferred by any kind of coupling
> mechanism. Do you?

That is the question that once answered will win someone the Nobel prize.
 I assume that something like this is happening.  I assume that the person
who wins the Nobel prize will be a mainstream physicist who repackages
something that was haphazardly mentioned on this list without giving or
perhaps even knowing to give credit, long after people have forgotten about
this list.

Eric