  From: Eric Walker
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 10:05 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:MIT Course Day 5 -- NiH Systems

  On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    I think you have the decay scheme for Ni-59 wrong.  It has a 76,000 year
half life and decays by electron capture as you said.

  It's good that you seem to know your way around these nuclear transitions.
That makes you and Robin and a few others who can keep the rest of us honest.

    The data I have  indicate no gamma activity, in the transition to the Cu-59
nucleus.

  I'm thinking of this reaction:

https://www-nds.iaea.org/exfor/servlet/X4sSearch5?reacc=28-NI-62(P%2CG)29-CU-63%2C%2CSIG

  What data are you using?  Do they include proton capture cross sections?  Up
to now I have only been able to work out the Q values but have had no insight
into the cross sections.  The Exfor cross section data are hard to make sense
of.

  Eric