Sponsored by VeriSign - The Internet Trust Company
What all your customers want: secure online shopping. Get VeriSign's
Secure Site Seal and 128-bit SSL encryption on your site! FREE Guide!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaPgb1dhdKb1tdRUa/Verisign

> Hi Nick,
>
> I have heard students around the world pay much less for their college
> educations than students in the United States have to pay for their
> college educations.  I would like to raise awareness of  differences in
> college cost.  Would you mind telling us what is the adverage cost annual
> cost of a college education in New Zealand?

    In Aus, we have Higher Education Contributions (HECS), these range from
hundreds (TAFE - technichal and further education Colleges) up to about
$5000 p.a. for Engineering, medicine, law courses at uni. Not all are up
front, they are means teasted and you pay back when your income reaches a
certain level. Pay back through taxation (6%?).
And while, our taxation levels may be higher, all who want the opportunity
to furhter their education have access, and when they earn an income, they
pay back, Students are also entitled (means tested) to Austudy, similar to
unemployment benefits, but for full time students.
maree

>     referrer name = john_t    Check it out! It works!

> T O P I C A  http://www.topica.com/t/17
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Your Favorite Topics

eTour is your personal web tour guide, matching the best sites
with your interests.  eTour is free and easy, and you can earn
rewards discovering great new sites. Visit today!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaQmb1dhdKb1tdRUc/eTour