On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 4:53:18 AM UTC-4, Damjan Hajsek wrote:

> No UV and radiation are not the same value.

UV, radiation, and illuminance are three different things.  some stations
measure illuminance, then convert to radiation.  some measure radiation.
 measuring uv requires a different sensor.

there are conversion factors to go between illuminance and radiation, but
those are gross approximations.

uv index is arbitrary.  davis hardware uses a 0-16 integer scale.  rainwise
uses something else.  ukmet uses something else.

>         radiation = radiation * 0.731

your hardware might be reporting luminance, not radiation.

check the hardware specs to see exactly what kinds of sensors it has.  does
it have just illuminance, then it is fabricating a UV index and a radiation
value?  or does it actually measure UV?

once you know exactly what the hardware is capable of doing, then we can
see how that maps to the packets that the interceptor driver is receiving
from it.