On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:00 AM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> From the technical side, supporting one-click (i.e., easy to use) file
> moves between wikis would be enormously helpful here. This would allow
> transferring files to Commons or from Commons without much pain, which
> should reduce a lot of friction. As David notes, we could set up
> additional file repositories for use in Wikimedia wikis, but it requires
> solving the hosting issues mentioned above.

This. Creating a completely new project when all what people want is an
ability to easily reuse an image they saw on another project (i.e. on
enwiki) means creating thousand new problems instead of solving one. (You
could devise a bit more sophisticated solutions instead of file copying,
e.g. direct cross-project image use like “[[en:File:Example.jpg]]” or
whatever, but they create other issues to solve; one-click cross-project
file upload could be easily implemented right now.)

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]