On 18/06/2014, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> Arguably when all repositories of media-files are Wikidatified, general
> availability could be as difficult as selecting the appropriate license.
>
> To do this no new project is needed as the Wikidata team has started work.
> All that is needed is to have one database to know about all media files.
> Thanks,
>      Gerard

Not every thread on this list needs to be about Wikidata, or used as a
platform to promote it.

The vision that a single editor in Wikidata tweaking a licence field,
effectively overrules detailed assessments of copyright, RFCs, or
deletions of media for good reasons such as OTRS request, courtesy
deletions and so forth, is not one I recognize as being within the
original intended scope of Wikidata.

Fae
(Writing from the grave.)