Anyone with even a passing familiarity with the notice boards on Commons, or
who is subscribed to this mailing list, will be aware of a huge, wide-ranging
and unfocused set of disputes and ill-natured arguments that have been raging
for several months. The disputes are becoming more and more intemperate, and
the positions of some editors more and more entrenched. While a few
contributors have tried hard to pull the community back to constructive
discussion and have made sensible suggestions, their comments have been drowned
out in the noise.

We need to stop now and focus not on stating a re-stating positions, but on
making definite and constructive proposals for ways in which these issues can
be fixed. The discussion on this list has been non-productive for some time,
and I suggest that editors should drop discussion there and should focus
attention on the discussion on Commons:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Administrators%27_noticeboard#Disputes_relating_to_URAA.2C_policy.2C_Israeli_images.2C_and_behaviour

Michael.