Hoi,
Given that it is pathetically easy to opt out of the MultimediaViewer, the
amount of vitriol spouted by some is way out of proportion to the problem.
If you do not want it, opt out. But thermonuclear was was threatened,
people were to lose their job over this.

No the excuses are too little and too late. When people think that the
change is not good for them opt out. What was said was a disgrace. It has
never been in doubt that problems would be tackled.

Finally do not expect that much maintenance will be done on what is so
lightly discarded. It is fine for you to stay with your "Internet 6".
Improvements and subsequent development is just not for you.
Thanks,
    GerardM